Thursday, August 5, 2010

Riding Lawn Mower Trimming Attachment

I was in the hospital visiting a relative when I saw an interesting sight. It seemed to be a riding vacuum cleaner driving past in the hall. The thing that really interested me was the fact that the driver had a hand held attachment. He held a hose that he was using to get the spots along the walls. This got me to thinking.

On riding lawn mowers, often you can not adequately get the trim. You often need to grab a push mower or weed-whacker to complete the edging. Not only does this take longer, it negates part of the convenience of having a riding lawn mower.

It would not be a difficult task to create a weed-whacker that could 'clip on' to a riding lawn mower. The weed-whacker could even draw power (through a cord) from the lawnmower.

When you reached a point that the lawnmower could not properly deal with, you whip out the whacker attachment. If it had a long pole/handle you could do use it from the seat of your mower. Once you were done with the edging, you would just turn the whacker off and fasten it back into place.

This wouldn't be a huge convenience, but I bet its marketable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have comments about my ideas? If you see something wrong with them, leave a comment. I'll try to comment back. If you have seen these ideas implemented/mentioned somewhere before, leave a comment. I like to think I am 'original' but that doesn't mean somebody has not beaten me to the punch. Finally, if you just have something to say, well comment that as well.