Saturday, August 21, 2010

Garbage Cans with Removable Bottoms

I think it is safe to assume that most people use garbage bags in their kitchen garbage cans.

However, when throwing away heaver items, or when the can is full, it can be hard to remove the bag. The bag can be hard to lift out of the can either due to its weight or just being stuck.

This is not a show stopping problem by any means. I will also admit that a little bit of forethought can avoid the problem. However there is a solution.

If kitchen trash cans were constructed with removable bottoms the can could be lifted up over the bag. The mechanism for making the bottom removable is not critically important. There are any number of ways to create one. In fact is surprises me that I have not seen a garbage can like this before.

Such a trash can could make trash removal easier for those who have physical difficulty lifting a bag out of a can due to an infirmity. It also means one other important thing. Cleaning a garbage can would be as simple as popping off the bottom and running it through a dishwasher.

It's not a major problem, but the solution is trivially easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have comments about my ideas? If you see something wrong with them, leave a comment. I'll try to comment back. If you have seen these ideas implemented/mentioned somewhere before, leave a comment. I like to think I am 'original' but that doesn't mean somebody has not beaten me to the punch. Finally, if you just have something to say, well comment that as well.