Saturday, June 26, 2010

Glow in the Dark Lampshades

So this idea could be annoying, but I could also see it being pretty cool.

I would like to see some lampshades that could glow in the dark. Either the whole thing could glow, or patterns (that would be invisible under regular light) would glow.

It is basically a way that your lampshade could 'store' some light that might be wasted otherwise. Then when you turn off the lights they could provide a 'nice' ambient lighting. It could also be a helpful way of finding the lamp in the dark.

Artistically you could even do some interesting things on the lamp shade. For example you could have a normally visible floral paten of unblossomed flowers. The glow in the dark patter would then show the flowers unfolding.

Though as I said, it could be annoying. Sometimes when you turn off a light, its because you want it to be dark. But in limited situations, I could see such a thing being a nice addition to a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have comments about my ideas? If you see something wrong with them, leave a comment. I'll try to comment back. If you have seen these ideas implemented/mentioned somewhere before, leave a comment. I like to think I am 'original' but that doesn't mean somebody has not beaten me to the punch. Finally, if you just have something to say, well comment that as well.